Hong Kong is currently allowing Private Limited Companies to be established online.
• Corporate Requirements
1. There must be at least one shareholder. Shareholders may be individuals or corporates and may be Hong Kong residents or not.
2. There must be at least one director. Directors can be individuals or corporates and can be Hong Kong residents or not.
3. There must be an appointed company secretary, who may be an individual or corporate. An individual secretary must be a permanent resident in Hong Kong. A corporate secretary must have its registered or principal office in Hong Kong.
4. Hong Kong’s PLC must have a registered office address in Hong Kong.
5. There is no restriction about share capital size limits; however, there must be at least a capital of HK$1 at the time of formation. For practical purposes, share capital is usually less than HK$10,000 or the equivalent in a foreign currency.
6. Hong Kong’s PLC can have either an English name, a Chinese name or even both. Its Chinese name can be included on its Certificate of Incorporation.
If PLC conducts certain activities (banking, insurance, trust, tourism, etc.), it must apply for Business Licenses to obtain proper licenses prior to commencing business operations.
• Annual Requirements
2. Within one month after incorporation, PLC must register with Hong Kong’s Inland Revenue Department (IRD) to obtain a Business Registration Certificate.
Annually or once every three years, Hong Kong’s PLC must renew its business registration with the IRD one month before expiry. An annual business registration fee is payable, which varies each year.
3. Every year, Hong Kong’s PLC is required to file an annual return with the Registrar of Companies.
4. PLC also needs to submit a tax return along with its set of audited accounts to the IRD.
Some supporting documents are also required to submit along with annual tax return:
- A tax computation indicating how the amount of assessable of profits (or adjusted losses) has been arrived at.
- Multiple financing channels available;
- No control over foreign exchanges;
- No limit over business scope;
- Easy offshore company setup;
- Only some basic incorporation requirements;
- Simplified taxation system with one of the world lowest taxation rate (corporate income tax rate is 16.5%, no capital gains tax, VAT/GST, estate duty or withholding tax on dividends or interest);
- Tax rate for the profits of the first HK$2 million is only 8.25%;
- Foreign sourced income is exempted from tax;
- Nominee shareholders are permitted for privacy;
- No requirements about share capital size.
Offering PackagesIn order to expedite incorporating your offshore company in Hong Kong, we offer below packages:
|Company Incorporation Service Fee|
|All Government Fees due on Incorporation|
|Local Registered Office Service||12 months||12 months|
|Local Secretary Service||12 months||12 months|
|Certificate of Incorporation|
|Business Registration Certificate|
|Memorandum & Articles of Association|
|Appointment of First Directors|
|Register of Directors and Members|
|Professional Consultancy via Phone and Email|
Assistance on Opening of Company Bank Account
|Company Statutory Record & Company Kit|
|Total fee||US$ 900||US$ 1,199|
|Setup Company||Setup Company|
Beside the company incorporation service, we also provide Offshore Bank Account Assistance of numerous banks in the world and Other Services necessary for any offshore company.
For any further questions, feel free to Contact Us for more details.